Monday, January 09, 2006

..the Irish Keep Gate-Crashin..

TEST ICICLES -- 8TH FEBRUARY 2006, MAGNET.

This weekend the Chalets are coming to town. I hope they put on a good show. They are getting airplay on super cool Radio Eins -- breakfast and dinner just wouldn't be the same without that radio station. In fact, i just wouldn't have breakfast or dinner without Radio Eins. (Tune in at 97fm!) Over the weekend they did a Best Of Popkomm 05. I heard some Elbow and Hard Fi and some crazy band that did a cover during their set of "Maniac" and had a song called "1000 Sparks", i think. I don't know who they were???!!! Anytime i turn it on its always My Favourite Song. Today, bizarrely, I was thinking that I had never heard them play any Arcade Fire, and then BLAM! THEY PLAYED THEM! "NEIGHBOURHOOD # 2 (LAIKA)"! The "CD der Woche" (guess what that means) this week is Ryan Adams' "29".

I'm so ashamed. Yesterday, in my kitchen making toast, I dashed across to the radio to turn up the volume when Koufax came on. It was their song, "Isabelle". I thought it was Ed Harcourt! I hated this band when I saw them during Popkomm, for that very reason. They are totally ripping him off! I notice he is not mentioned in their band links on their website. Motherf.ckers. Oh, two of the Get Up Kids are in the band. I still hate them.

So I've been losing sleep over thinking about my favourite songs, albums and gigs from last year. I guess cos i've been seperated from my music for so long, and it's only in the past 2 weeks that I've gotten to hear everything again. And it freaks me out how all the gigs/festivals all meld together in my head into one big hootenanny, can't remember where, when...That's why I started this blog, so I could keep track. Anyway, how could i forget some of my really hot favourites from last-year-i-cant-believe-its-over???!!! Like, the Departure's "All Mapped Out"..or the Rakes "Retreat", or the Prodigy's "Hot Ride", or "Fuck Forever" from Babyshambles, orororor...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the crazy band you talked about is a finnish group called Tigerbombs. you better check 'em out, supercool!