Friday, January 20, 2006

I Aint Sayin My Goodbyes

This isn't meant to be an mp3 blog at all at all. But I am too poor to go to gigs this week!...this month. i still feed the need to update my blog despite the lack of live music. Pang. If i could have gone out, i would have had to pick between Super 700 and Black Wire last night, couldn't believe that both their shows were on the same night. Im not familiar with either bands' music, but I just had a feeling that Black Wire would be great. And I've heard a few good things about Super 700. They will look after your bunnies, and also have been working for a long time with Gordon Raphael on their new album. Swit swoo! Anyway, in the end, I decided to buy some groceries instead of a ticket to a show. Sometimes it's nice to eat, y'know. I tried to convince myself that they will be back around Berlin again soon. It seems to be that bands really like playing here, alot of them seem to come back within 2-3 months to play again. Coming back for more next month are Editors, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Test Icicles & We Are Scientists. Fun.

Since i got all hooked up with the internet last week I've been trying to remember all the music i've been wanting to search out and catch up on and ended up downloading alot of f-ing good stuff. Like Wolf Parade, of course. And Matt&Kim, of course. A song of theirs, Silver Tiles is available for download right here. Can't. Stop. Listening.

!!!!

Today i did remember this one song in particular that i wanted to find. Hard Fi's version of Seven Nation Army. i recorded it off the radio sometime last year & love it lots. So i stumbled upon this crazy thing. Ok it's not so crazy. But it's kinda funny. It's this family who make a weekly podcast of music & chat. Music like the Shout Out Louds and ...HARD FI! One of their podcasts from last October includes the unique cover of the White Stripes' song on it, so i downloaded it. Ok. This cover version is actually on Hard Fi's EP. It was a live version that I heard on the radio that one time, and the lead singer was doing this raucous howling. Unfortunately there's no raucous howling on the EP version. i can't seem to find that live version anywhere. it's oodles better. I found the plain ol' EP version on the podcast from 23.10.05. Right here at Positively 10th Street. Sometimes, families make me want to puke, but Hard Fi is the 2nd track in.

So. i still might go and see ADULT.tonight. I found another mp3 of theirs over at CallMeMickey where there is a biglonglist, and alot of mp3 tracks of bands playing SXSW. Hand to Phone. It's creepy.

omg im late for drum practise!

No comments: