Saturday, February 04, 2006

SHOW YOUR BONES

This is probably the best thing i've read all week!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs New Album

We have a title for the new record... SHOW YOUR BONES. It's coming out on March 28!!! Show Your Bones is what happens when you put your finger in a light socket. Maybe there is some of that electric current flowing through the tracks of our album illuminating us from the inside out for you to laugh at and cry to or fry to. Or not.

[posted 1/26/2006 U.S.A.]


The album is getting a UK release on 27th March. One week before that the single "Gold Lion" is gonna come out. I'M EXCITED!

There is this one band, The Kooks. And there is another band, The Books. Kind of spelled the same, but pronounced different...unless you're from inner city Dublin. Or Manchester. I think. Well, they're both playing Berlin this month. The world has turned and left me with three bands to pick between for the night of the 18th. Calla, the Figurines and the Kooks shall all be taking to various different stages across the city - at Knaack, White Trash and Magnet respectively. I don't know how I'm going to pick between all three...Although, I have seen the Figurines before...and the Kooks is a very cheap door-charge, plus a free drink. But dammit, I hate choosing. Free drink, eh?.. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC YESYES.

The Books play the Volksbuhne am Rosa-Luxembourg Platz, 12th February.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://rapidshare.de/files/12707325/Gold_Lion.mp3.html

I think the 5€ price-tag on the Kooks has me sold!

Elizabeth said...

i know. gah. still cant decide though! thanks for the link to "Golden Lion". i wasn't sure at first; i got the "First Listen Freakouts"..she almost sounds like Gwen Stefani..but its growing on me... especially those "ooh oohs"..