Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holiday Girl (Don't Die Just Yet)

In case I wasn't already excited enough to be getting back to Berlin -- 10 days! 10 days! -- i just found out about some rather splendid upcoming gigs. Hurrah.

Arab Strap 13th Feb Magnet
My Morning Jacket 31st Jan Magnet
The Chalets 14th Jan Magnet
Hot Chip Jan 26th the Watergate (DFA party with Delia and Gavin and Tim Goldsworthy and Tim Sweeney, apparently.) ***

Ooh, I'm really excited to see Arab Strap play. Coincidentally, last night I was told the Chalets are coming to Sligo..I couldn't quite believe it, Sligo has been a very singer/songwriter town as far as gigs go -- David Kitt, Jape, Mundy, Josh Ritter.. But now the Chalets are going to stomp all over those whiny boys. Even better though, they are also coming to Berlin! I saw them play before at the Bud Rising Festival in Dublin last June, supporting Art Brut and the Rakes. The girls are kind of annoying but I like the music alot.

***I recieved this date directly from Hot Chip to my inbox at Myspace. They also are considering sticking around to do a dj gig on the 28th aswell. Hurrah!

No comments: