Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Love Is A Deserter


UPCOMING SHOWS THAT ARE GARNERING LOTS OF EXCITEDNESS:
1. the dead flags, july 16th, mcgarrigles, sligo
2. devendra banhard, july 29th, the village venue, dublin
3. electric picnic festival, 3rd & 4th september, somewhere in a big field in the south of ireland. hoo!

something bad happened last weekend. the Oxegen Festival was on. without me. Something went wrong in the universe, on my way to buy a ticket i stepped on a twig, and on the other side of the world somebody bought the last available ticket. Now after a really sad weekend of not being at the festival/sitting around feeling really sad, [especially when i got the 'OH MY GOD BIFFY CLYRO WERE FUCKIN UNREAL" phonecall and the "I WISH YOU WERE HERE!" text message] i am moving forward [with my eyes peeled for twigs] i have got the Electric Picnic festival in my sights now. here's to a twig-free rest of the summer. then i'll get to see:
Hot Chip
Nouvelle Vague
Arcade Fire
The Flaming Lips,
amongst others

so like, yay.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LIAM! HOORAY! dude, i will totally be in Dublin on the 23rd. Is something fancy going down? I can only dance for soul long...

Anonymous said...

Hey liz,
You are so cool with your own blogy boy, wow. Well I wouldnt worry bout stupid oxygen, they ran outta water and loo roll, so you were definatley better off. Anywho I will give ya a buzz soon,I quit my job and think Im headn to Frnace sooner than planned. So a bisous,
Sinead.

Elizabeth said...

SINEAD! YAY! i'm gonna call you right now!