Wednesday, July 13, 2005

All I Wanna Do Is Ride Bikes With You

The Moldy Peaches arrived today! (thank you Kristin!!) 2 whole cds of "Unreleased Cuts and Live Jamz" including "Lucky No.9", "Jorge Regula" and "Nothing Came Out", which are all my favourite songs. The recordings are pretty rough and crackly, with what seems like audiences mostly made up of their drunken, rowdy friends hootin' and hollerin' in the background. Kimya & Adam often giggling their way through most of the songs. I've been listening to it in the office all day, lucky for me there's noone here so I can turn it up LOUD. and lucky for everyone else that they're not here, it's pretty noisy, and full of bad words.

I have one more chance to enjoy Open Mic at Bar Eile next Monday night before I go back to Dublin. Leon said he will sing Rufus Wainright. I wonder if he will get naked and prance around wearing a purple feather boa, in a true homage to Rufus.

Ooh oooh ooh I'm excited for Sinead to come visit me in Dublin next week, !! I think I found something fun for us to do: there is a new indie pop night called Beat Connection at the Pod every Wednesday, it's free in and they mention Bloc Party, M83 & Velvet Underground in the advertisement. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! (er, what do you think Sinead? We can discuss it with our excellent entertainment associate Mr. Beam. Hee hee)

Thanks to Donal Dineen , I don't get any sleep and there are a hundred bajillion new records I want. Like the re-released Arcade Fire EP, which i keep hearing is brilliant, sparkly, wonderful- a bit like this.How come all the good music on the radio is on in the middle of the night? huh? Huh? HUH?

It's only 1 hour til hometime. I'm meeting up with my fellow fancy office lady across town, Sarah, after work. We will sit by the river and cool off with some delectable chilled alcamaholic beverages. Yay!

I think I will start wearing a helmet from now on when i go out on my bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

Its me Sinead, ere sorry havnt been on your site layely but sounds good this club, but as you know ive already visited and we did enjoy our discussions over Jim!!
Next time I think. Hey your site looks really really cool, I guess I should get into music more im a bit behind the times(backstreet boys are still in right?),
So I will email soon and let you know France is going!!
A bisous
Sinead