Friday, March 03, 2006

I Even Fell For That Stupid Love Song

I should have known today would be great when i woke up this morning from a dream where i was having a bike race with frontman of Editors, Tom. I'm not exactly sure who won, but we went for a milkshake after.

So, I haven't been able to afford to buy a cd this year, yet. Any money I have is going on gigs. And apart from the odd song from the odd blog, i'm not much of a downloader either. On this great day, 02/03/06, I received a flipping deadly stash of albums, from the likes of :
Archie Bronson Outfit, Arctic Monkeys, The Television Personalities and the soundtrack of a german film - Knallhart - that i haven't seen yet, but has some real good music in it by the looks of tracklisting [the Kills, Go! Team, Sons and Daughters, ...Trail of Dead, Clearlake, Test Icicles]. Joy! I hope nobody wants to talk to me about anything during the next few days, i'm not taking my headphones off. Plus i've lost my voice anyway...

....Rock 'n roll karaoke is a pretty damn good way to finish off a day that started and continued like this one. Don't tell anyone but i sang "Papercut" and "Since U Been Gone". Also "Celebrity Skin", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Touch Me", "Hard to Explain", "Just What I Needed", "Unconditional", "Swallowed", "Goldigger" and "One Thing". Monster Ronson's Sing Inn is where it is at. Lubbener Str. 19, Kreuzberg. the Ca$h Money Party djs were in charge of the dancefloor. Private booths mean that you, yes YOU, and as many of your friends as you can fit in there are in charge of the mic.

Schneider TM is having a secret little gig at Magnet tonight. That means Friday.

No comments: